Plenary and Keynote Speakers
12th International Conference on Mechanics and Industrial Engineering (ICMIE 2023)
The Plenary and Keynote Speakers for ICMIE 2023 will be announced shortly! Thank you for your patience.
Dr. Hsi-Yung (Steve) Feng
The University of British Columbia, Canada
Hsi-Yung (Steve) Feng is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of British Columbia. He is known internationally for his research contributions in computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) and 3D laser scanning. To date, his research group has developed many advanced geometric computing algorithms to address technical challenges in CAD modeling, multi-axis machining, and scanned point cloud processing. Notable achievements include a highly flexible geometric modeling scheme for intuitive CAD modeling, a voxel-based workpiece model update method for fast machining simulation, a tensor field based tool path generation method for efficient sculptured surface machining, and scanned data processing algorithms for automatic point cloud simplification and outlier removal. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
Topic of Keynote: Voxel-based Machining Simulation for Fast Process Validation
Registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €200 EUR registration
- Conference package including a USB of the proceedings with all registered accepted papers
- Buffet lunch for each day of the conference
- 2 coffee breaks for each day of the conference
- 1 banquet dinner OR cruise tour
Important information for accompanying person(s): Please be informed that the accompanying person can NOT be a co-author.
Co-authors, regardless if 1 author is attending, must pay the full registration fee.
The accompany person fee is only for spouses and/or children. Please contact us if you are unsure.
Virtual registration fee includes the following:
- Publication of 1 accepted paper in the proceedings. Publication of each additional paper requires a €150 EUR registration
- Access to all the sessions of the conference